YOU ARE NOT
ALONE IN YOUR
What can we do for your addiction?
The best idea and the best expression of it amount to nothing without action to back them up.
Fear of failure often holds people back from taking action at the right time. Failing is actually a good thing because it gives you an opportunity to learn from your mistakes. It allows for improvements over your past actions. Do not let fear of a relapse prevent you from entering the world of recovery.
The past is not always an indication of your future. Do not engross yourself in grief and shame over past deeds. Forgive yourself and move on.
How can you help yourself?
Take an appointment
Read our articles
If you’re looking for ways to improve your home’s drainage and make sure that it doesn’t back up on you, unclogging drains is just one of the many tasks that an experienced plumber can do. But what if there’s no plumber in sight? Here are a few easy-to-follow steps that you can try without any help from a professional!
What Does The Sink Drain Do?
A bathroom sink drain can become clogged for various reasons, including using products that contain abrasives or chemicals that can block the drain. In order to unclog a bathroom sink drain, follow these steps:
- Clear the area around the sink drain of any objects that may be blocking it, such as newspapers or foam pieces.
- Pour a pot of hot water down the drain and wait until it reaches the clogged section. Use a plunger to dislodge whatever is blocking the drain and clear the obstruction. Repeat this process until the drain is clear.
- If the obstruction is stubborn, use a plunger with a snake attachment to clean out the drain from below the obstruction. Again, be sure to wear gloves and avoid getting any water in your eyes.
How To Unclog A Bathroom Sink Drain
Before getting started, make sure that you have all of the supplies that you will need on hand.
- Turn off the water supply to the bathroom sink. This can be done by turning the main breaker in your home or by unplugging the drain hose from the sink spigot.
- Clear any debris that may be blocking the drain by using a plunger or a bucket. Make sure to push as much debris down the drain as possible.
- Place one end of a pipe cleaner into the drain and the other end up into the bucket or plunger. Force water through the pipe cleaner and into the bucket or plunger until the clog is removed. Be careful not to over-fill the bucket or plunger and cause a flood in your bathroom!
- Remove the pipe cleaner and discard it in an appropriate trash receptacle. Turn the water supply to the bathroom sink to wash all the soap and grease out of your pipes.
- Make sure to empty the bucket or plunger into an appropriate trash receptacle each time you are finished.
How To Unclog A Bathtub Drain
If you are experiencing difficulty with your bathtub drain, there are a few things that you can do to try and clear the obstruction. Most commonly, this means using a plunger.
To use a plunger:
1) Fill the bathtub with enough water to cover the drain. Next, plunge the plunger down into the water and push and pull the plunger up and down until the obstruction is dislodged. If the obstruction is particularly large, it may be necessary to use two or more plungers.
2) Pour a pot of boiling water over the plunger to clean it and unblock any remaining debris.
3) Pour some baking soda down the drain to neutralize any residual smell and block up the drainage.
Unclogged the Drain
If your bathroom sink drain is slowly clogging up, don’t despair. There are a few simple steps you can take to unclog it yourself. Here’s how:
1) Clear the drain of any debris with a plunger. Make sure to get into all the nooks and crannies.
2) Pour a small amount of baking soda down the drain, followed by hot water. Be sure to use boiling water, not just hot water, to prevent scalding yourself or your home.
3) Wait until the baking soda has started bubbling and then use a plunger to push the solution further down the drain. Keep using the plunger until the clogged material has been dislodged and the sink is clear.
Other Uses of a Blocked Sink Drain
There are many other uses for a blocked sink drain, such as clearing debris from a catch basin. Follow these simple steps to clear the obstruction:
- Locate the plunger and place it over the drain opening. Push and pull the plunger up and down until any material is cleared from the drain.
- If using a plunger isn’t effective, pour a pot of boiling water down the drain and wait 30 seconds. Next, pour a pot of cold water down the drain and wait another 30 seconds. Use a hose to clean out any remaining debris.
- Turn on the cold water and let the toilet flush. If the drain is still clogged, repeat Steps 1-3 until the drain clears.
- Once the drain has cleared, use a plunger to keep it clear.
When it comes to unclogging a bathroom sink drain, most homeowners can employ a few tried and true methods. One of the most common culprits for bathroom sink clogs is hair, and particularly excess hair from pets. If your drain is consistently filling up with hair, try using a plunger to suction onto the drain and pull the hair out. If that doesn’t work, try using a plunger with a cup on end to catch the hair and then pour a pot of boiling water down the drain. Once the hair is gone, use a pipe cleaner to clear any blockages.
When it comes to marketing, outbound marketing is the way to go. However, when you create a campaign with inbound marketing, there is so much to consider that it can be overwhelming. With outbound, you only have to think about a few things: your target audience and your goal. In this blog article, we’ll explore what good outbound marketing looks like, how it differs from inbound marketing, and why it’s important.
Outbound marketing is marketing your company or product to potential customers outside of the traditional channels, such as through email, phone calls, and direct mail.
There are several reasons why outbound marketing is beneficial for your business:
It allows you to reach a large number of potential customers.
It can help you build relationships with these customers.
It can generate leads and sales opportunities for your business.
It would help if you had a strategy to get the most outbound marketing. First, you need to know what type of leads you want to generate and how you want to reach these leads. You also need to know how long it will take to generate those leads and convert them into sales. Finally, you need to budget for outbound marketing to continue investing in this important strategy over time.
Why B2B Outbound Marketing is Worth It
Outbound marketing is a powerful way to connect with potential customers and convert leads into paying customers. B2B outbound marketing is especially important because it helps companies connect with buyers who are likely interested in their products and services.
There are a number of reasons why outbound marketing is worth it:
Outbound marketing can help companies build relationships with potential customers.
Outbound marketing can help companies identify and reach buyers who are most likely to purchase their products or services.
Outbound marketing can help companies generate leads that can be converted into customers.
There are several different ways to conduct outbound marketing campaigns. Some of the most common methods include email marketing, social media marketing, and telemarketing.
If you want to improve your chances of converting leads into paying customers, start by conducting a thorough research study on the market that you want to target. Then develop a strategy that will focus on connecting with potential buyers in the most effective way possible.
B2B Outbound Marketing Techniques
Outbound marketing is a process that can help you to reach out to potential customers and sell your products or services.
There are a few different techniques that you can use to outbound market your business. Some of the most popular techniques include email marketing, social media marketing, and phone marketing.
Email marketing is a great way to reach out to your customers and engage them with your product or service. You can send automated emails or you can send personalized emails.
Social media marketing is a great way to reach out to your customers and build relationships with them. You can use social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to promote your products or services.
Phone marketing is a great way to reach out to potential customers on the phone. In addition, you can use phone calls as a way to build relationships with your customers.
Common Mistakes to Avoid
- Not Knowing The Basics
When it comes to outbound marketing, there are a few basics that you need to know in order to avoid common mistakes. For example, you need to have a clear message that you’re trying to promote. If your campaign is unclear, potential customers will be less likely to engage with it.
Another mistake that people often make is not using the right media channels. Outbound marketing can be done through email, social media, and even print advertising. However, each channel has its own strengths and weaknesses. Choosing the channel that will best reach your target audience is important.
Finally, you also need to make sure that your campaigns are ongoing and consistent. If you stop sending out content or advertising, your potential customers will forget about you and move on to another company. On the other hand, constant outreach will help you keep your brand top of mind and attract new customers.
One of the most important steps you can take when planning your BB campaign is to seek out marketing advice from experts. You can turn to many reputable sources for help, including marketing blogs and social media sites.
Some of the recommendations that experts often make are to keep your budget in check and to focus on specific target demographics. You should also consider using email marketing as your primary tool for reaching your target audience. Emails can be customized to appeal to your target market and regularly sent throughout the campaign period.
Finally, it’s important to measure the success of your BB campaign regularly. This will help you optimize your efforts and maximize the return on your investment.
When you’re trying to diagnose a problem with your garage door, it can be hard to know what is going on. This blog article will help you figure out why your door is off to the side of your garage and how to fix it.
Why is my garage door off to one side?
There are a few reasons your garage door may be off to one side.
If the door is not closing completely, it may be due to a broken spring or cable. If the door is not opening from the inside, it may be due to a faulty motor or gearbox. In either case, fixing the issue may require professional help.
If you notice your garage door isn’t closing properly, try to adjust the spring tension by turning the screw on the side of the garage door near the hinge. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, you may need to replace the gearbox or motor.
There are many possible reasons why your garage door might be off to one side. The most common reason is that the door cable is loose or broken. If the cable is loose, the door will swing inward instead of outward when it’s opened.
If the cable is broken, the door won’t open at all. In some cases, a broken cable can be fixed by replacing it. In other cases, however, the problem may require more extensive repairs. If you think your garage door might be off to one side because of a broken cable, consult a professional for help.
How to fix a garage door that’s off to one side
If your garage door is off to one side, it may be due to a number of reasons. In some cases, the door may simply be out of alignment. In other cases, the door cables or springs may have broken. And in still other cases, the door actuator may have gone bad. Regardless of the cause, there are several steps you can take to fix the issue.
Check to see if the door is actually off-kilter. If it’s not, you can try adjusting the cable tension as follows: First, unhook both cables from the door opener and adjust them, so they’re equal in length. Next, rehook the cables onto the opener and try closing the door. If it opens correctly now, then the tension on one of the cables is too high and you’ll need to adjust it accordingly. If it still doesn’t close properly after adjusting the cable tension, you may need to replace one or both of the cables.
If you determine that the door is misaligned, you can use a straight edge to align it properly. Be sure to measure from one end of the opening to another and make any necessary adjustments. Finally, reattach both cables and see if the door closes properly.
More tricks to fix garage door shifted to one side
If your garage door is shifted to one side, there are a few things you can try to correct the problem.
The most common reason a garage door shifts is due to weather conditions or improper installation. If the issue is due to weather, you may need to wait for the weather conditions to clear before attempting any repairs. However, if the issue is due to installation, you may be able to fix it by following these simple steps:
1) Close the garage door using your remote. If the door doesn’t close all the way, close it as far as it will go and then use your arms and body weight to push it to shut from the inside.
2) Verify that both tracks on either side of the garage door are aligned and perpendicular to the floor. If not, adjust them using a level or plumb line.
3) Verify that the springs on either side of the garage door are properly tensioned. If they are not, adjust them accordingly using a screwdriver or an open-ended wrench.
4) Make sure that all of the cables connected to the opener are coiled correctly and tight against the door’s frame.
5) Notify the manufacturer about any problems you find with your garage door opener, and then call us for a free consultation.
6) If you are still unable to close or open your garage door after following these steps, be sure that both the keypad and the receiver are properly installed and connected to the power source.
Garage door problems can be frustrating. If you have a rolling garage door, it can be difficult to make sure that the door is fully closed. If your garage door is off to one side, it might also be due to a hinges or Tracks problem. In either case, there are typically several ways to fix these issues without hiring a professional. Read through this guide and see which solution will work best for you.
Planning a weekend trip can be tough. It requires you to think about what you’re going to do, where you’ll stay, and how much money you’ll have for travel expenses. Planning out a weekend trip on a budget is easier with the help of software like TripIt. In this article, we summarize all of the steps required in planning your trip and give some tips on how to organize everything!
What are the different ways to save money on a weekend trip?
There are a lot of ways to save money on a weekend trip, but some tips are more time-saving than others. Here are five ways to save money on a weekend trip:
- Plan Ahead. One of the best ways to save money on a weekend trip is to plan ahead. This means knowing what you want to do and where you want to go and figuring out how much it will cost. If you know the approximate cost of attractions, meals, and transportation, you can start planning your budget right away.
- Rent vs. Buy. Another way to save money on a weekend trip is to decide whether you should rent or buy your belongings. Renting items like clothes and furniture can be cheaper than buying them, and renting can also be more convenient if you don’t have room for everything in your luggage.
- Be Flexible. Sometimes it’s better to be flexible when it comes to spending money on a weekend trip. If something unexpected comes up, like weather conditions changing unexpectedly, being flexible can help you avoid having to cancel or change your plans.
- Shop Around for Deals. One way to save money on a weekend trip is to shop around for the best deals. If you know that stores in a certain area have sales, you can take advantage of those and end up saving more money than if you just shop around at regular prices.
- Make a List Before You Go Shopping. Make sure to get everything on your shopping list when you go out shopping. This will help keep the money flowing in your wallet instead of out of it.
- Buy Quality Items that Last Longer or Come With a Warranty. Buying durable items like furniture, electronics and other household items is definitely one way to save money on a weekend trip, but it can also be cheaper if you buy them from places with a good return policy and consider purchasing items with warranties.
If you’re looking to plan a weekend trip on a budget, here are a few tips to follow. First, think about what activities you’d like to do. Do you want to visit a scenic location, go for a hike or take in some cultural attractions? Once you’ve narrowed down your options, start researching the costs associated with each one. You can find average prices for things like admission fees, parking fees, and food items at online travel agencies or through personal research. Once you have an idea of what it’ll cost, factor that into your overall budget.
Another important factor when planning a weekend trip is how much time you want to spend traveling. If you only have two days available, for example, consider focusing on shorter distances instead of traveling across the country. This way, you’ll stay within your budget and still get to see some great scenery. In addition to distance and duration, make sure to consider weather conditions when making your preparations. Are there any destinations that are typically rainy or cold? If so, be prepared for possible delays in your trip due to inclement weather.
Planning your trip
If you’re looking to save some money on your next weekend getaway, here are a few tips to help you plan the perfect trip. Whether you’re aiming for a relaxing escape or a thrilling adventure, planning ahead will help keep your travel costs lower.
When planning your trip, first consider where you’d like to go. Do you want to stay close to home or venture out into new territory? Once you have an idea of what you want, start researching the destination. Check out online maps and review travel reviews to get an idea of what to expect when visiting.
Once you have a good idea of where you want to go, it’s time to figure out how much money you’ll need. Do some research on the cost of hotels, car rentals, and food. Be sure also to factor in any attractions or activities that interest you. Once you have a rough estimate of your expenses, start budgeting. Try not to spend more than necessary and be mindful of hidden costs such as airport fees or mandatory insurance policies.
How much should I budget for this weekend?
When planning a weekend trip, the first thing to consider is what you want to see and do. Next, figure out what you can do on a budget. To help with this, we’ve put together some tips on how to budget for your next getaway.
- Start by figuring out your travel goals. Do you want to explore a new city or enjoy scenic views? Once you know your priorities, start researching different destinations and compiling a list of things you’d like to see or do.
- Determine how much money you’ll need for gas, food, and lodging. It’s always helpful to have an estimate before hitting the road so that you don’t overspend on unnecessary expenses.
- Consider booking attractions online ahead of time if possible. This will save money on tickets and transportation costs, and it’s always handy to have everything planned out in advance.
- Don’t forget about souvenirs! While it may be tempting to buy everything on your trip, taking home something unique will always make it more memorable.
Planning a weekend getaway can be tricky, especially when you want to stay within your budget. Whether you’re looking for a destination or just some ideas on what to do, this article has got you covered. By following some of the tips outlined, you’ll not only be able to have a great time without breaking the bank, but you’ll also know exactly what to expect and where everything is located. Ready to start planning? Let’s get started!
3D printing is a great hobby. Lots of cool things can be created with nothing more than a 3D printer, and it’s easy to get into the technology yourself. But every 3D printer has a little-known step that many people are still unaware of: cleaning the bed! Here’s how to clean your 3D printing bed so you can make more complex creations in no time!
What do you need?
To clean a 3D printing bed, you will need:
-A 3d printing bed
-A vacuum cleaner
-Some cleaning supplies
- Begin by vacuuming all of the debris off of the bed. Be sure to clean under the bed and around the edges.
- Next, use a cleaning solution to clean all of the vacuumed areas. Wipe down the entire surface with a cloth until it is clean.
- Be sure to rinse everything off before replacing the cover or putting the bed back into use.
- To keep the bed clean, you should use a solution made of 1 part bleach to 9 parts water. This will help to get rid of any germs and bacteria that may be on the surface.
- If you have anything left over, wipe it down with a cloth to avoid staining the surface and make sure all the cleaning agents are completely dry before placing the cover back on.
- You can also use a vacuum cleaner attachment designed for your model 3D printer and an air compressor to remove any debris from under and around the bed while it is being printed.
How to use the supplied materials
If you have a D printing bed, it is important to keep it clean so that the printing process can be as smooth as possible. Here are the steps to follow:
- Use the supplied materials to clean the bed. This includes a brush, soap, and water.
- Let the bed dry completely before using it again.
- Do not use the supplied materials on any other part of the machine. They may damage the electronics and reduce their lifespan.
- Do not allow children to handle or operate the machine.
- Make sure that you have enough space around your printer so that there is no risk of an accident during printing, especially when moving it from one place to another in your house or office.
- When you are done using the printer, please remove all printed objects from the bed and carefully clean them with a brush and soap before safely disposing of them in a bin made for D printing material waste.
- Do not put anything into the tray which contains unused material as this may damage the print head and reduce its lifespan.
What will happen if you don’t clean your 3d printing bed properly
3D printing beds are a vital part of the 3d printing process, and they need to be cleaned regularly in order to maintain optimal printing quality.
There are a few different ways to clean a 3d printing bed. For example, you can use an ultrasonic cleaner to remove particles and dried ink, or you can use a hot water and detergent solution to clean the bed surface.
Make sure to clean the bed surface, both top and bottom. If you neglect to clean your bed, particles and dried ink will build up over time, which will affect the quality of your prints.
Other consequences of not cleaning your 3d printing bed properly
If you don’t clean your 3d printing bed properly, you run the risk of not only ruining your prints but also causing other consequences. Here are four of the most common:
- It Could Ruin Your Prints
If your bed is not cleaned regularly, the build material and powder used to make your prints can start to build up on the bed. This can cause clogs and other problems with your 3d printer, ultimately leading to ruined prints.
- You May Cause A Fire
If buildup on the bed is severe enough, it could create a fire hazard. This is particularly dangerous if your 3d printer is located in an area where there are lots of flammable materials.
- It Could Cause Inflammation And Infection
If bacteria gets into the wound caused by a clogged nozzle or build plate, it could cause inflammation and infection. This can be very harmful and require expensive medical treatment.
- It Could Cause Injury To You Or Someone Else
If you’re not careful when cleaning your bed, you could end up injuring yourself or someone else while doing so. This could be particularly dangerous if you’re using a 3d printer that uses heated components.
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think much about cleaning the D printing bed. After all, it’s just a piece of hardware that prints your documents or pictures. But if you want to make sure your D printing is running as smoothly as possible and minimize the chances of problems down the road, it’s important to clean your bed every so often.
If you’ve ever watched a gardening show on TV and been left wondering how to grow an amazing, bountiful tomato plant, this article is for you! Atomic grape tomatoes are great for gardening because they produce tons of fruit without needing much care and attention. This article gives tips for starting a tomato plant from seed and growing its first fruits in anticipation!
What is an atomic tomato?
Tomatoes are a type of fruit that comes from a plant. There are many different types of tomatoes, but all of them grow from a single seed. Tomatoes grow on the vine and are used to make things like tomato soup and pizza. The tomato plant is a type of plant that has flowers, leaves, and fruit on it. Atomic tomatoes are tomatoes that have been genetically modified to have fewer seeds. They are also bigger than normal tomatoes and can be eaten fresh or cooked. Atomic tomatoes are often grown for their flowers, which people use in flower arrangements.
Why would you want to grow one?
Tomatoes are a versatile fruit crop that can be grown in many locations around the globe. They are easy to grow and have a long shelf life. There are many reasons why people might want to grow tomatoes: for personal use, for sale, or as part of a food production system. Tomatoes are also a relatively low-maintenance fruit crop. Here are five tips on how to grow and preserve tomatoes:
- Choose the right tomato variety for your climate and growing conditions. Over 1,000 different types of tomatoes are available commercially, so it is important to choose the right one for your location and needs. Some varieties are better suited to warmer climates, while others perform better in cooler climates.
- Plant tomatoes in fertile soil with plenty of organic matter. A well-fed and healthy tomato plant will produce larger fruit and yield more crops over time. Add compost or good garden soil amendments (such as rotted manure) before planting to help improve the soil condition.
- Mulch heavily during the early stages of growth to help keep weeds at bay and protect the roots from frost damage. Regularly remove any mulch that accumulates around the plants so that it doesn’t build up on the plants themselves.
- Keep the plants well-watered during wet weather and feed regularly with tomato fertilizer.
- A tomato will produce fruit for about 80 days from planting to harvest, depending on temperature and other factors. When fully developed, the ripe fruit should be firm, heavy for its size, and dark purple or red.
- Tomatoes can be grown from seed which takes three to five weeks to germinate and then another month or more before the plant is large enough to produce fruit.
The basic process of growing and saving an atomic tomato
Tomatoes are a vegetable that grows well in both indoor and outdoor settings. The basic process of growing and preserving a tomato plant is as follows: Choose a tomato variety that is compatible with your climate and soil type. Start by planting the seed in a pot or buying a Tomato plant from a nursery. Once the seed has sprouted, transplant the plant to an outdoor setting. Mulch the plants and water them regularly. As the tomatoes grow, thin them to 3-5 plants per square foot. Harvest the tomatoes when they reach an appropriate size, cutting off the stem just below the fruit. Store the tomatoes in a cool, dark place for up to two weeks.
Potting soil advice
There are a few important things to keep in mind when potting tomatoes: make sure the soil is well-drained and pH balanced, use organic matter to help fertilize the plants, and water regularly but sparingly. Here are some other tips for growing tomatoes successfully in pots:
Cover the stem of the tomato plant with soil as you transplant it into the pot. This will help to ensure a steady supply of nutrients and water to the plant.
Fertilize your tomato plants once a month with a balanced organic fertilizer diluted according to label instructions. Water thoroughly after fertilizing.
Tomato plants grow best in warm weather, so be sure to place them in a location that receives sunlight throughout the day. If your climate is cool or wet, you may want to grow tomatoes in containers on a patio or deck.
Prune the stems of tomatoes regularly when they reach 10-12 inches tall. This will help to promote growth and keep the plants healthy.
How to save an atomic tomato
Tomatoes are a great vegetable to grow, as they tend to produce consistently year-round. However, if you want to save your tomato plants for next year, you can do a few things to help them survive the winter. Follow these tips to help your tomatoes thrive in the cold months:
- Plant tomatoes where they will get indirect sunlight. In direct sunlight, the plants’ leaves turn red and burn quickly. Tomatoes are grown in indirect sunlight typically have larger fruit and are less likely to develop cracks or other problems.
- Mulch your plants. A layer of mulch around the tomato plants will help conserve moisture and keep weeds down. Make sure the mulch is at least 2 inches deep, as dry soil can be damaging to the roots of the tomato plant.
- Prune off diseased or dead branches from your tomato plants regularly. This will help remove potential areas of decay and ensure that your plants receive enough light and water.
- Fertilize your tomatoes often with a weak solution of liquid fertilizer applied directly to the plant’s root zone (rather than applying it to the foliage). Fertilizing once a week during the summer months.
Growing and preserving tomatoes is a great way to add fresh produce to your diet all summer long. However, there are a few things you will need to get started, including a tomato plant and some seeds.
The bond market is a unique way of trading financial securities. Whether you’re new to investing or a seasoned professional, mastering this type of investment can be tough. It’s difficult enough to master the basics of investing in stocks and bonds on your own, but with the numerous options available from different types of dealers, it can be more confusing than ever. In this article, we will explore some bond basics for professionals and beginners alike!
Bond Market Analysis: Two Classes of Bonds
When investing in bonds, it is important to understand the two different classes of bonds.
The first class is government bonds. Government bonds are backed by the government and are considered to be a safer investment than other types of bonds.
The second class is corporate bonds. Corporate bonds are not backed by the government and may have higher interest rates than government bonds. It is important to research each bond before investing so that you know what risks you are taking with your money.
How to Read a Bond Rating
When it comes to bond analysis, one of the most important things to know is how to read a bond rating. There are a few different methods that investors can use in order to evaluate a bond’s rating, but the most common way is to use the Aa (AA) through DB (D) ratings.
Aa (AA) is the highest rating and indicates that the bond is considered strong and likely to be repaid. Bonds rated at this level are typically considered safe investments for people who want to park their money in a long-term investment.
Bonds with a rating of Aa (AA) are considered very stable and provide a good return on investment.
Bonds that are rated at Aa (AA) may have slightly higher interest rates than those with ratings of Ba (BBB), but they are also considered safer investments because they are considered to have a lower risk of default.
As you move down the rating scale, the risk of default increases. Ba (BBB) bonds are considered to have medium risk, while bonds with ratings of Ca (CCC) have a high risk of default.
Investors should also remember that there is no one definitive method for rating a bond. Some ratings are based on factors such as interest rates, while others are based on the quality of bonds and how they will perform in the future.
Different Strategies for Buying, Selling, and shorting Bonds
There are many different strategies for buying, selling, and shorting bonds. This guide will discuss three of the most common.
- Buy and Hold: This is the simplest strategy, and it involves buying a bond until it matures and then holding on to it. This is a conservative strategy because you’re hoping the bond’s price will stay stable or rise over time.
- Dollar-Cost Averaging: This is another simple strategy, but it has some caveats. You buy a fixed number of bonds each month at a fixed price, regardless of the market price. This way, you avoid getting too heavily invested in one direction or another, but it can be less profitable than other strategies if the market goes down.
- Speculating: Speculating involves investing in a bond to make a profit either by buying low and selling high or by shorting the bond, meaning you sell it with the hope that its price will go down. This can be riskier than other strategies, as prices can move quickly in the markets.
Bond market analysis is a critical tool for any bond investor. By understanding the dynamics of the bond market, you can make informed decisions about how to allocate your capital and protect yourself from potential risks. In this article, we have provided an overview of some key concepts in bond market analysis, including yield analysis and price-to-yield comparisons. We also discuss some strategies for mitigating risk while still earning healthy returns on your investment. Thanks for reading!
Being in quarantine should not be an excuse to abandon the path to a healthy life. Although we spend more time at home than ever, we can continue to play sports and eat healthily. Recently the government allowed outings for physical exercise and walks for those over 14 years of age. Which has made runners and walkers return to the streets and squares of the cities.
Now that your baby’s birth is around the corner (hurray!), it’s time to take that list of baby items off the fridge and head to the store (or computer). But before you splurge on nice-to-haves, make sure you snag what you need, courtesy of online casino for real money.
A baby stroller can be used in a variety of ways and for different purposes. They can be used for both indoor and outdoor activities, such as shopping or visiting museums. For parents who need to go out for an extended period of time, a baby stroller is a great way to transport a baby safely and comfortably. Strollers can be folded up easily when not in use, and they can be carried easily by the parent.
How to use the baby stroller?
Step 1: Find the right size: The first thing to do is find the right size stroller. It is very important to find the right size because if you buy the wrong size, you will not be able to use it. Make sure that you buy the right size for your baby. Keep reading https://gothicfuturism.com/how-do-help-newborn-babies-sleep/
Step 2: Buy accessories: You should also buy accessories for your stroller. You can buy different kinds of accessories to make your stroller look nice. For example, you can buy a stroller cover, a rain cover, and a sunshade.
Step 3: Put everything together: Now it’s time to put everything together. Make sure that you put your stroller in a place where you can easily access it.
Step 4: Use it: After you have everything together, you should start using your stroller. You can take your baby out for a walk or to a park.
Read also: Baby swing for bigger babies
Advantages of using a baby stroller
- You can easily take your baby with you wherever you go. You won’t have to carry your child around in your arms or in a pram. This is a great way to keep your baby safe and comfortable while also making it easier to move around.
- You don’t need to worry about where you’re going to park your car. You can just leave your baby in the stroller and take it with you wherever you want to go.
- You can use the stroller to take your baby to places that are difficult to reach. You can take your baby to the park, the beach, or anywhere else that you want to go.
- You can use the stroller to take your baby to places that are too expensive to visit. You can take your baby to the zoo or even the circus.
- You can use the stroller to keep your baby comfortable. The stroller provides a safe environment for your child. It also makes it easier for you to get your baby to sleep.
- You can easily transport your baby from one place to another. This is a great way to save money on public transport because you can just leave your baby in the stroller and take it with you wherever you need to go.
- You can use the stroller as an extra seat for your baby. You can sit down in the stroller and rest while your baby sleeps. This is a great way to make sure your baby is comfortable.
- The stroller is very easy to fold. This is a great way of making sure you don’t have to carry your baby around.
- You can store the stroller in the car. This is a great way of ensuring that your baby is safe when you’re away from home.
- The stroller is easy to clean. You can just wipe the stroller down and make sure it’s ready for your next outing.
Disadvantages of using a baby stroller
- The first disadvantage of using a baby stroller is that it’s not very safe. If you’re going on a long walk, you’ll want to make sure that you have the baby in a stroller. You’ll want to make sure that you don’t put yourself in a dangerous situation.
- Another disadvantage of using a baby stroller is that it doesn’t provide the same freedom as a pram. You can’t move around as easily, and you can’t carry your child around with you.
- The last disadvantage of using a baby stroller is that it’s not very practical. It can be difficult to push a baby stroller around if you have a lot of things to carry. You’ll also need to make sure that you have the right equipment for your baby.
Safety precautions for using a baby stroller
- Baby strollers are very useful when it comes to transporting babies. They make it easy to get around town and take a stroll with your child. However, there are some safety precautions that you should know about.
- Always lock your stroller: When you’re walking down the street with your baby, you’ll want to make sure you’re locking the stroller. It’s not just a matter of being considerate, but it’s also very important for your own safety. If you’re going to be in a busy area, it’s a good idea to leave your stroller locked so that people can’t steal it.
- Don’t forget to lock the wheels: You should always make sure you lock the wheels of your stroller when you’re using it. That way, no one else can take it, and you don’t have to worry about someone stealing it.
- Keep the brakes on. When you’re using your stroller, you’ll want to make sure you’ve turned the brakes on. This is very important, as it means you won’t accidentally roll away with your baby.
- Keep your baby close to you: When you’re using your baby stroller, you should always keep your baby close to you. If you’re going to be out for a long time, you can also use a sling or a wrap. This way, you can carry your baby in a safe and comfortable way.
- Make sure you’re using the right size stroller: You’ll want to make sure that you’re using the right size stroller for the number of people you’re taking along. You should also check the manufacturer’s recommendations when it comes to the height of the seat and the width of the wheels.
- Keep your baby safe: When you’re using your baby stroller, you should always make sure you’re keeping your baby safe. That means you’ll want to keep them from falling out, and you’ll want to make sure they don’t get too hot or too cold.
- Make sure you’re using the right accessories: You’ll want to make sure that you’re using the right accessories for your stroller. This includes a baby carrier, a seat, a basket, a rain cover, and a sun canopy.
In conclusion, it is important to know the types of strollers available and how to use them. Baby strollers come in many different shapes and sizes. There are also different types of wheels, handles, brakes, and locks that come with the strollers. The type of stroller that you choose depends on the type of baby you have, the place you plan to take your baby, and the kind of terrain you plan to travel on.
You may also be interested in https://hopetownlodge.com/how-to-adjust-the-disc-brakes-on-a-mountain-bike/
As a mountain biker, you know that adjusting the brakes on a bike can be a tricky task. For example, you may need to loosen the brake cable or adjust the pads. But, there’s one adjustment that’s often overlooked and that is the position of the rear disc brake. If you don’t adjust this properly, your rear wheel will have a tendency to lock up and you’ll lose control of your bike. So, how do you adjust the disc brakes on a mountain bike? Read on to find out how. Also read on the schwinn cruiser bikes women.
How to adjust the disc brakes on a mountain bike?
Step 1: Remove the brake pads: Remove the brake pads from the disc brakes. Make sure the brake pads are completely removed.
Step 2: Loosen the disc brake lever: Loosen the disc brake lever by loosening the bolt that holds the lever to the handlebar. This will allow you to turn the disc brake lever.
Step 3: Turn the disc brake lever: Turn the disc brake lever to the side of the brake you want to adjust. This is the side where you want to adjust the brake.
Step 4: Adjust the disc brake: Pull the lever back and forth until the disc brake is the way you want it.
What to consider while adjusting the disc brakes on a mountain bike
- A disc brake is one of the most popular braking systems on a mountain bike. It’s an excellent choice when it comes to braking power, but it can be tricky to adjust. Here’s what you need to know about adjusting your disc brakes. Keep reading https://coveredbridgesite.com/how-to-stop-a-beach-cruiser-bike/
- Get started: The first step is to get started. You’ll need to know the information you’re going to need to adjust the disc brakes. You’ll also need to make sure you’ve got all the tools you need.
- Adjust the disc brakes: The next step is to adjust the disc brakes. You’ll want to make sure you’ve got all the tools you need and that you’ve got everything ready for you.
- Apply pressure: Once you’ve adjusted the disc brakes, it’s time to apply pressure. You’ll want to make sure you’ve applied enough pressure to stop the bike, but not so much that you damage the disc brake pads.
- Check the disc brake pads: After you’ve applied enough pressure, it’s time to check the disc brake pads. You’ll want to make sure they’re still in good condition. If they’re damaged, then you’ll need to replace them.
- Adjust the caliper: Once you’ve checked the disc brake pads, it’s time to adjust the caliper. You’ll want to make sure the caliper is set correctly and that you’ve got all the tools you need.
- Adjust the brake pads: After you’ve adjusted the caliper, it’s time to adjust the brake pads. You’ll want to make sure they’re in good condition and that they’re set correctly.
- Test the brakes: After you’ve adjusted the disc brakes, it’s time to test them. You’ll want to make sure they work properly and that you haven’t damaged anything.
Tips and tricks to adjust the disc brakes on a mountain bike properly
- Make sure the bike is in good working order. It’s always a good idea to make sure you have a bike inspection before you start adjusting the disc brakes. You’ll want to make sure everything is in order, such as the brakes, the wheels, the gears and the tires.
- Make sure the brakes are adjusted correctly. The first thing you’ll want to do is make sure the brakes are adjusted correctly. You’ll want to ensure that they’re adjusted so that you can stop quickly and easily.
- Make sure the disc brake rotors are clean. You’ll want to make sure the discs are clean. You can use a cloth or a soft brush to clean them off. You should also check the caliper for any debris. If it’s dirty, you’ll want to clean it off.
- Clean the brake pads. You’ll want to make sure the pads are clean. You can use a cloth or a soft brush to clean them off. You should also check the caliper for any debris. If it’s dirty, you’ll want to clean it off.
- Make sure the pads are in good condition. You’ll want to make sure the pads are in good condition. You can use a cloth or a soft brush to clean them off. You should also check the caliper for any debris. If it’s dirty, you’ll want to clean it off.
- Make sure the wheel rim is in good condition. You’ll want to make sure the rim is in good condition. You can use a cloth or a soft brush to clean it off. You should also check the caliper for any debris. If it’s dirty, you’ll want to clean it off.
- Make sure the brake cables are adjusted correctly. The first thing you’ll want to do is make sure the brakes are adjusted correctly. You’ll want to ensure they’re adjusted so that you can stop quickly and easily.
- Check the brake cable. You’ll want to make sure the brake cable is adjusted correctly. You can use a tool to do this.
- Adjust the brakes to suit the terrain. The next step is to adjust the brakes to suit the terrain. You can adjust the brakes by using a tool or by looking at the disc brake rotors. You’ll want to make sure you’re not adjusting them too much.
- Make sure the bike is in good working order again. It’s always a good idea to make sure you have a bike inspection before you start adjusting the disc brakes. You’ll want to make sure everything is in order, such as the brakes, the wheels, the gears and the tires.
In conclusion, there are two common ways to adjust a brake: by loosening or tightening the bolts. When you tighten the bolts, you should use the following steps: First, turn the adjustment screw clockwise. Then, tighten the bolt with a wrench. If the disc is still not adjusted properly, loosen the bolts and repeat the steps.
To find a free rehabilitation center near you, you can start your search with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Use their Directory of State Agencies for Substance Abuse Services to discover a local resource you can contact in your state. Be prepared to verify your annual income, health insurance, and need for financial assistance before you enroll.
The main purpose of a humidifier is to remove dry air from the air in your home. The water that is used to clean the air then returns to the room, and as such, has the ability to contain bacteria and germs. Humidifiers have been scientifically proven to improve the health of people in your home by helping you live a healthier life. But they can cause issues if you change the filter too often. So, here’s a guide on how often to change humidifier filters. The humidifiers without filters do not require changing operation.
A humidifier filter should last about two months with regular use. If you have a bigger or smaller humidifier, then the filter will need to be changed more or less often. If the filter is visibly dirty after one month of use, it should be changed immediately.
Do I Need to Replace any Filters in my Humidifier?
There are a few different types of humidifier filters, and the frequency with which you’ll need to replace them will vary depending on the type. The most common filter is a mechanical filter, which should be replaced every 2-6 months, although this can depend on the severity of use and how dirty your water is. If you have a humidifier with an evaporative wick filter, it should be replaced every month or two. If you have a steam humidifier, the filter should be replaced every 3-6 months.
How often to change humidifier filter?
Humidifier filters should be changed every 3-6 months, depending on the type of filter and how often it is used. If you have a furnace humidifier, the filter should be changed every 3 months. If you have a cool-mist humidifier, the filter should be changed every 6 months. If your filter is visibly dirty, it should be changed sooner. If you’re not sure when your filter was last changed, or if it’s time for a change, check the manufacturer’s instructions. The used water on Humidifier can contain bacteria, so change the filter every 3-6 months.
Steps to change humidifier filter
Step 1: Remove the old filter from the Humidifier.
At first, to remove the filter, turn the humidifier upside down and find the gap between the machine and the filter. Then use your fingers or a coin to pry it off.
Step 2: Clean the inside of the Humidifier with a mild detergent.
Once you have removed the filter, use a mild detergent to clean the inside of the Humidifier.
Step 3: Rinse well and replace the filter
Make sure that you rinse off all of the soap and then replace the filter in its original position.
Step 4: Insert new filter
Make sure that you are inserting it incorrectly, as there is usually a specific way they should go in so that water can flow through them properly. Push it in until it’s seated snugly against the bottom of the machine.
Things to consider before changing humidifier filter
- Know when to change the filter– Humidifier filters should be replaced every 3-6 months, depending on the type of filter and how often it is used.
- Consider bacteria levels – The used water on Humidifier can contain bacteria, so change the filter every 3-6 months.
- Clean the Humidifier – Make sure to clean the Humidifier every time you change the filter.
- Check the manufacturer’s instructions – Each Humidifier is different, so it’s important to check the manufacturer’s instructions for your specific model.
- Make sure the filter is inserted correctly – If the filter isn’t inserted correctly, it won’t work properly and you could end up with a water leak.
- Get the Right Filter for Your Humidifier– There are a variety of humidifier filters on the market, so it’s important to get the right one for your specific model.
- Price– Humidifier filters can range in price, depending on the brand and type.
- Size– Make sure to get the right size filter for your Humidifier. Some are small and some are large.
- Availability– Not all humidifier filters are available at local stores. If you can’t find the specific filter that you need, try looking online.
- Warranty– Some humidifier filters come with a warranty.
Tips for keeping your humidifier filter long-lasting
- Keep the filter dry- Make sure to keep the filter dry when not in use.
- Don’t overuse the filter- If you overuse the humidifier filter, it will wear out faster and need to be replaced more often.
- Clean the Humidifier regularly- Cleaning the Humidifier will help keep it functioning properly and also extend the life of your filter.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions- Each Humidifier is different, so be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your specific model.
- Get the right filter for your Humidifier- There are a variety of humidifier filters on the market. Make sure to get the right one for your specific model.
Can you wash a humidifier filter?
Some humidifier filters can be washed, while others cannot. Check the manufacturer’s instructions to see if your filter can be washed. If it can, be sure to follow the specific instructions for how to wash and dry the filter. If your humidifier filter cannot be washed, be sure to replace it when it becomes dirty or damaged.
To clean a humidifier filter:
- Remove the filter from the Humidifier.
- Rinse the filter under cool water until it is clean.
- Allow the filter to air dry completely before reinserting it into the Humidifier.
- Repeat this process as needed.
- If the filter becomes damaged, replace it with a new one.
There are different types of humidifiers, but all of them need to be cleaned at least once a month. The best way to clean your Humidifier is by pouring a small amount of vinegar into the water tank and running it for 10 minutes. You can also use white vinegar in place of the vinegar if you prefer. Once you’ve cleaned your Humidifier, make sure that it’s completely dry before replacing the filter. To avoid any bacteria from growing in your Humidifier, change the filter every six months or so to ensure that it’s always clean and germ-free.
The goal of good rehabilitation is to relieve pain and stabilize injuries. That is why to have a successful rehabilitation, we must know some important factors.
A physiotherapy is a tool that can help you improve your quality of life. It is a discipline that is responsible for healing and recovering all your physical abilities. In this article, we tell you about some important factors that will allow you to have a successful rehabilitation at the hands of physiotherapy.
How to complete successful rehabilitation?
These types of activities require professionals in the field to guide you in your recovery. Physical rehabilitation is carried out using different techniques and instruments to relieve pain. Reduce inflammation, recover muscle, movements, correct posture…
It is required to assess the patient in an integral way because our body is a whole. For this reason, our professionals are in charge of carrying out an individual study of each patient.
With this, you can know what kind of techniques are the ones that will favor you the most. The study of osteoarticular deficiencies indicates whether there are fractures, dislocations, disqualifications, or many other situations that may have different levels of complexity.
Types of rehabilitation:
Within this branch of health, there are several types of recovery and each treatment is different. Knowing and understanding this can help you have more clarity on how to best get to your rehab. The main categories are:
Musculoskeletal: recovery or repair of deformities or ailments related to the musculoskeletal system of the human being; It includes the correction of muscles, ligaments, bones, tendons, among others.
Pediatric: Seeks to repair damage present in children at birth or during their development. Its objective is to strengthen problems such as genetic defects, delayed growth, paralysis, among others, through therapeutic exercises.
Neurological: This subcategory deals with problems and diseases resulting from unfavorable neurological conditions that have produced significant physical problems. Some of them are related to the spinal cord, brain trauma, multiple sclerosis, aneurysms, and others.
Factors for successful rehabilitation:
- Go to a professional specialized in the area who will carry out a comprehensive and individual study to know your condition as best as possible.
- Know the type of problem and investigate if you have doubts. Do not hesitate to ask your therapist any questions that may arise.
- Specialized treatment for the specific injury.
- Follow the instructions of the professional and the exercises to do at home to the letter.
- Listen to your body.
There are also different treatment modalities for each of the subcategories. Some of those that we use in NeuroFT are manual, electrical, mobilizations, hot and cold techniques, among others.
It is essential that you follow your therapist’s recommendations to the letter. The most important factor in successful rehabilitation is consistency and patience with your body’s own rhythm.
If you have problems related to any of the factors mentioned above or if you have pain or discomfort and you do not know the exact reason, do not hesitate to contact us.
You may also be interested in Practicing Yoga: Tips for beginners and most common mistakes
In this second article on the practice of Yoga for the Runner’s Bag. We will continue with some recommendations that will help us take the first steps in the world of Yoga. In our first article: “Practicing Yoga: A Beginner’s Guide” we talked about the history of yoga, the most common types of yoga practiced today and we began to introduce the keys to understanding this activity: Breathing (Pranayama), Postures ( Asanas) and posture sequences (vinyasa-krama). In this second part, we will see what we need to start practicing yoga, we will comment on some tips and common mistakes that we usually commit when we start practicing and we will complete this post with some indications to practice yoga at home.
What do I need to start practicing yoga?
One of the advantages of practicing yoga is that we practically do not need material: a good mat with a non-slip surface, a blanket to cover us during the final relaxation, comfortable clothes, and, above all, a good teacher to guide us at the beginning. If it is true that over time we will be able to practice yoga at home without the need for someone to guide us or just follow the class through the numerous online yoga videos on the net, in the first years it becomes almost essential to figure out the teacher who accompanies us in learning Yoga gradually.
To start practicing yoga and becoming aware of our body through postures (asanas). And sequences (vinyasa-krama) it will always be easier if we start with those simpler postures that require less effort on our part and with which it is easier for us to pay more attention to our body and breathing. A good teacher will guide us overtime to advance our knowledge of this practice, correcting our body in each posture and giving fluidity to the transition between postures. Starting with a teacher also has the advantage that he will clarify which postures are counterproductive if we have some type of specific injury.
Tips and mistakes to avoid when starting to practice Yoga
- You don’t want to go fast. Yoga is not a 100 m sprint race, rather it is similar to preparing for a long-distance race. You have to be patient and go little by little. Knowing our body and its response to each posture or sequence has a process. And sometimes that we must respect.
- Flexibility and strength are gained over time and depend in part on each other, do not try to go beyond what your body allows you abruptly. Yoga should help you get to know your body, its limitations, and how to go further, but always gradually.
- Losing concentration very quickly or not being able to switch off the mind is normal at first. Focus your mind and your attention on your breath as much as possible and it will be easier for you to have the concentration necessary to perform each posture correctly.
- Being injured and not mentioning it to your teacher is another very common mistake. If you have back, knee, cervical problems, or any other injury, tell your yoga teacher. And he will recommend which postures are appropriate, counterproductive, which others can help you improve that injury. Or which ones you should do with greater caution.
- Use the breath as a means to concentrate and escape from thoughts. Breathe only through your nose, getting used to doing it slowly. And accompanying the movements with exhalation or inhalation as requested by each posture or asana.
- Enjoy the final relaxation. The moment of relaxation at the end of the yoga practice or class is essential to complete the awareness of our body. And necessary to recognize how the sequences and postures have influenced it.
How to practice yoga at home?
Practicing yoga at home, although at first glance it seems extremely easy since it does not require equipment. Or practically space, requires taking into account some key aspects to be effective:
- Define in advance the session to be carried out, both in terms of time and physical demands. Try to carry out activation sessions at the beginning of the day and relaxation sessions before going to sleep. And you will see how the body assimilates the same posture differently depending on the intensity with which we do it and the sequence in which it has been included.
- A session guided by the voice of another person will help you to concentrate only on the posture. And you will avoid breaking the thread of the sequences if you do not remember part of the session.
- Start with short sessions that include sequences and postures that you already know or have practiced in guided classes.
- Do not focus all the practice on your body. Be aware that the mind and breathing are fundamental parts when doing yoga.
- You can increase the duration of the sessions by lengthening the time you remain in each posture and/or repeating the sequences several times.
With this second post, we complete the initial approach to the practice of Yoga. In future articles, we will present some examples with easy-to-understand sequences of postures and different objectives (strengthening, flexibility, relaxation, etc.). As well as dedicating an entire article to the practice of yoga as a complement to runners. Where we will try to compensate for imbalances effects that running causes in our body.
You may also be interested in Free drug rehab centers in the United States
Do you need to find a free drug rehab center in the United States? We can help you. Find the best free centers or payment facilities to overcome your addiction quickly and easily. Choose a center and contact a representative today to get your life back.
For people struggling with drug or alcohol addiction and who have limited resources to pay for treatment, free rehab centers can be an inexpensive option to start on the road to recovery.
According to the 2014 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 4.1 million people struggling with addiction sought and received some type of treatment, but only 2.3 million people received it in a setting that specifically treated The addiction. A free rehab center can help those who fall outside of this picture.
People or their family and friends who want to search for this resource may not know how to get started. With the right knowledge, resources, and a little preparation, the answers to the following frequently asked questions can pave the way for finding the free drug rehab center in the United States that is right for you.
What are the Free Rehabilitation Centers?
Simply put, free drug or alcohol rehab centers are organizations that use government money, distributed by the state, or charitable or faith-based organizations that support people in recovering from drug or alcohol addiction. . For those without a ton of income or with inadequate or uninsured insurance, these centers offer detoxification services, treatment, and support.
Treatment programs come in a variety of forms, including inpatient, outpatient, and partial hospitalization, as well as follow-up support programs.
How Quickly Will Treatment Start?
Because funds for free rehab centers are limited and must be distributed to large numbers of people, there is sometimes a waiting list to participate in inpatient programs. Also, certain people can be prioritized for spaces, such as pregnant women, and thus move to the top of the list, pushing others away in priority.
This can sometimes discourage people from getting help because they don’t want to wait and they may simply decide not to continue treatment. It has been shown, as noted by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, that addiction treatment is more likely to be pursued if it is available when an individual is ready to seek it. Therefore, many of the free rehab programs provide outpatient and medical maintenance services for those awaiting more intensive treatment.
How to Find a Free Drug Rehabilitation Center in the United States?
Once a person is ready for treatment, there are a number of resources to help find free rehab programs. Our website generally tries to provide up-to-date information on free drug rehab centers in the United States, but if for some reason we couldn’t find a rehab center in your area or the ones on our website are not suitable for you. your needs, there are always other options:
Public Assistance and Medicaid Programs
There are likely more than 1,000 free addiction treatment services available in the United States, and many of these are publicly funded. This includes tax-supported programs at the city, county, state, and federal levels. Many free or low-cost rehab centers can be found by using the treatment facility locator. Provided by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: SAMHSA – En Español
Using the facility locator requires some patience and tenacity, and may require more fieldwork. Including contacting potential treatment providers to clarify details about programs and requirements.
Finding publicly funded drug addiction treatment at the local level can be a bit more complicated. However, a good place to start is in the city offices of the place where you ideally wish to receive treatment. Public welfare programs such as those offered by the state Department of Health. And Human Services are often excellent referral sources for free drug treatment.
Religious groups, non-profit and charitable organizations
For some people, religious and charitable groups can be an excellent source of free addiction treatment. (Note, however, that in most cases, the treatment offered by a religious group is likely religious/spiritual in nature.) Some of these groups may already have funds specifically set up for members or other recipients to attend. To get the help they need using discretionary funds.
Drug Rehabilitation Scholarships
A little-known secret from the drug treatment industry is that many drug and alcohol rehab centers offer scholarships. Awarded under a wide variety of conditions. The scholarships often offer completely free drug addiction treatment or at least partially funded treatment. In some cases, a scholarship can match your insurance contributions. For example, if your insurance only pays half the cost of treatment. The sponsoring rehab center may offer a grant to finance the rest of the cost.
However, verifying if you can get a scholarship requires some work on your part. As few treatment centers advertise their scholarship offers. This means that you may need to contact rehab programs directly. Advocate for your case, and ask if they have a scholarship available. If not, they may be able to offer a referral to another type of publicly funded rehab facility.
Finding free drug addiction treatment isn’t difficult. If you spend half the effort you did to find, use, and control your drug or alcohol use. Most of the research and fieldwork that needs to be done to find a free treatment can be accomplished from the privacy of your own home using nothing more than a computer and a telephone. If you don’t have any of these resources, you can use your local public library computer. For research and a free calling program like Skype to make phone calls directly from your PC.
You may also be interested in How long is short term rehabilitation
Short term rehabilitation is a widespread and beneficial practice that can be implemented in a variety of different settings. The average short term rehab facility has been shown to have an electronic medical record (EMR) system, high patient satisfaction from both staff and patients, and at least one registered nurse on duty 24 hours a day.
Do you have back pain tormenting you? Do you want to know the natural remedy for back pain? Have you tried all the traditional methods but still haven’t solved them? Would you like to try a natural cure for low back pain? So maybe it’s time to try one of the most effective holistic disciplines to defeat back pain in a natural way: yoga.
Everyone sooner or later suffers from pain affecting the back and the closely connected body structures. But few are those who face the problem in the right way and defeat it definitively. Often you take painkillers, go to a physiotherapist to get a massage. Go to the pool for a few months, but this way, you don’t go straight to the cause of the problem. Unfortunately, if back pain arises, it is because something is wrong with our posture, muscles, or movements that we do every day.
Are you looking for a natural remedy?
Yoga is a scientifically proven natural remedy because it allows you to go directly to the cause of the problem, works by changing your posture, the way you move relaxes tense muscles, which are often the cause of pain, and thus offers a long-term effective natural solution.
Yoga as a natural remedy for back pain: some scientific evidence
One of the biggest causes of back pain is muscle tension. By this term, I mean all the tensions in the muscles responsible for the proper functioning of the spine and which can create pain for various reasons.
When the back muscles are not strong enough to keep the spine erect, they are unbalanced, some work too much and others too little, or when the posture is not the best, muscle imbalances are created that cause discomfort. Yoga works in various ways to eliminate this problem.
First of all, it tends to relax contracted muscles. Often it is this contraction that is the cause of the pain.
Thanks to continuous stretching of the spine in various directions, all the muscles in this area are stretched considerably. They relax, so the discomfort disappears slowly.
Furthermore, there is another principle on which yoga is based: that of the agonist/antagonist muscles. If you contract a muscle, the antagonist one automatically relaxes. Thanks to this simple but very effective principle, yoga can work all the muscles of the back, and consequently, the antagonists relax, and the pain disappears. All this happens without the need for drugs.
Yoga naturally strengthens the back muscles
Often many problems in the lower back, shoulders, and neck area are due to the back muscles being too weak.
To maintain correct posture, you need to activate various muscles that keep the spine erect and assume its normal physiological curve.
However, most of us have these muscles that are too weak and not used to keep the back straight and so we assume unnatural positions that, in the long run, cause pain in both the cervical and lumbar areas.
We are all used to sitting on chairs, sofas, car seats, and not at all sitting on the floor without a backrest that supports our spine. Remember that sitting on the floor would be the most natural thing in the world.
Unfortunately, all our comforts mean that we never use the muscles that are important for back health, so we cannot assume a correct posture. Unfortunately, comfort is the worst enemy of the back and for many aspects also of our health.
Yoga, asana after asana, allows us to incredibly strengthen all the muscles of the back. This makes us assume a correct posture in our daily life when we are standing when we walk and especially when we are sitting. Thanks to this strengthening and better posture, back pain will disappear completely day after day.
Yoga eliminates stress without the need for drugs
Stress and back pain are unrelated, but they don’t. Have you ever noticed that in periods when you are particularly stressed, back pain gets worse? It happened to me so many times until I realized it.
Numerous scientific researches, such as this one, and as many articles on the internet, such as this one, clearly explain that stress and back pain are closely related. Consequently, if the first is eliminated, the second problem usually disappears as well.
Thanks to yogic breathing, this ancient discipline is a formidable natural method to eliminate stress from our lives whenever it arises.
So now that you know that these two problems are linked, the next time you have back pain, try to figure out if maybe it is a time that you are particularly stressed.
If so, I recommend doing the following abdominal breathing exercise, which can surely help you relax your back naturally. Lie on the ground in a prone position ( savasana ) and observe you’re natural breath without changing it.
Now begin to breathe more consciously and deeper
As you exhale, contract your abs slightly, moving your navel towards them. Try to get all the air out there. Breathing in, release the tension in your abdominals and, without any effort, let your abdomen swell naturally. Again, try to let in as much air as possible without straining too much naturally.
Continue breathing deeply like this for a few minutes. The longer you can stay there, the better. If your back pain is caused or simply made worse by stress, you will slowly feel that it will subside. Many people feel their back feels better after practicing this exercise.
Of course, don’t just do it once. Try to do it constantly, both several times a day and for many days. Yoga is undoubtedly effective and has countless benefits, but it must be practiced constantly. You can’t think of solving problems by practicing it once a month for just one hour.
Yoga as prevention (remedy for back pain)
Even if you have no back problems right now or you have managed to make the pain that haunted you disappear. You should always keep your spine healthy. Otherwise, your back pain will reappear sooner or later.
Many times, maybe after swimming or after going to a physiotherapist. I felt considerably better. Still, I continually made the same mistake: I did not continue to do the same exercises that had allowed me to feel better. I continued to relax in a sprawling way and did not sleep correctly. In a nutshell, I was once again creating the basis for the much-hated low back pain to arise again.
It often happens that if there is no pain, nothing is done, but it shouldn’t be. The whole back should always be kept in shape even if it doesn’t hurt at the time. According to yoga, the back is the most important part of the body.
You don’t have to wait for a problem to arise to deal with it. Rather you should make a healthier lifestyle so that it doesn’t come out at all. And yoga allows you to do it completely naturally.
This discipline is a perfectly natural fit for preventing back pain by reducing muscle tension, muscle strengthening, stress reduction, and dramatically increasing flexibility.
If you practice constantly, your spine and the body structures connected to it will be so fine that you will completely forget about the much-hated low back pain.
In this article, I have explained the natural remedy for back pain. As I have tried to make you understand, practicing yoga is a way to relieve not only relieve pain and the right approach to prevent pain from arising again. I hope I managed to make you want to open the mat and practice some yoga.
You may also be interested in How to relax your mind quiet mind in 5 fast ways
Holy Week is one of the most important celebrations of the Catholic religion. The days preceding the crucifixion of Jesus Christ are commemorated and his subsequent resurrection on Easter Sunday. At present, many traditional festivals are celebrated around this date, some of which have international fame among parishioners.
Surely if you have Easter holidays or your family celebrates these days, you have ever heard of Ash Wednesday or Good Friday, but do you know what happens on the days of the holy week? If you are not very clear, we will tell you what is celebrated each day of Holy Week so that you understand the importance of this tradition for Catholics around the world.
What happens on the days of the holy week?
What is Holy Week? For Christians, Holy Week means commemorating the passion, death, and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth. This period is characterized by a strong liturgical activity within Catholic Christianity because for the parishioners. These days are a way to remember the history of their religion, redo their Christian vows, and confess their sins. Holy Week does not coincide historically with the events narrated in the Gospels. It is, instead, a symbolic period to commemorate the last days of Christ’s life and his subsequent resurrection.
This year 2021, Holy Week begins on Sunday, March 28, and runs one week until April 4. While it is true that the first day of Holy Week is Palm Sunday, we cannot forget that just 40 days before this special day, Ash Wednesday is celebrated. Ash Wednesday is the first day of Lent in the Catholic calendar and symbolizes the nullity and penance of persons before their creator. The famous ash of this day is obtained from the burning of bouquets of the previous year.
Let’s see what is celebrated each of the following days of Holy Week to better understand the meaning and importance of this celebration.
Friday of pain
For some Christians, Holy Week begins on Sorrow Friday, the Friday before Palm Sunday. On this day, also called Passion Friday, the pain of the Virgin Mary during the crucifixion of Christ is commemorated.
This day is usually celebrated between Catholics and Orthodox. The Virgin of Sorrows is usually worshiped while singing the Stabat Mater, a prayer dedicated to the pain of the Mother of God. Some believers suspend the consumption of meat from this day until the end of Holy Week.
Palm Sunday represents the beginning of Holy Week and the end of Lent, making this day one of the most important in Christianity. On this day, the moment in which Jesus proclaims himself King of the Jews is honored and is received by the inhabitants of Jerusalem with bouquets made of palm leaves to welcome him to the city.
In Catholicism, this Sunday is commemorated with a mass in which the bouquets of each person are blessed, thus symbolizing the arrival of Jesus in Jerusalem. For the Catholic Church, this day and the rite of bouquets have as their meaning the glory and suffering of the death and resurrection of Christ.
This is followed by Holy Monday when the day Jesus expelled the merchants from the Temple of Jerusalem is commemorated. In addition, the Anointing that Mary, the sister of Lazarus, made to Jesus in his house is also commemorated.
The Gospel tells that six days before Passover, Jesus went to the house of Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead. During dinner, Mary took expensive perfume and anointed Jesus’ feet and hair with it.
As with other days of Holy Week, on Holy Monday, processions take place in different parts of the world. The processions of Andalusia are especially well known, an autonomous community where Holy Week is celebrated in style.
Processions continue in different parts of Spain and South America. In the Gospel, it is Holy Tuesday when Jesus of Nazareth anticipates Judas’s betrayal and thus communicates it to his disciples, who, perplexed, ask Jesus to identify who the traitor will be. Thus, Jesus hands Judas a piece of greased bread and tells him, “What you have to do, do it right away.”
This day marks the end of Lent and the beginning of Easter. It is this day in which it is remembered that Judas met with the Jewish assembly of wise men to plan the betrayal of Jesus Christ in exchange for thirty pieces of silver.
Holy Thursday begins the Easter Triduum (days in which the Christian liturgy commemorates the passion, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, as we have said). On Holy Thursday, the last supper of Jesus with the disciples is remembered, where the Eucharist constitutes him, and Jesus carries out the washing of feet for his disciples.
We come to the celebration of Good Friday, one of the most intense days of Christianity. It is on Good Friday (the following day of the Easter Triduum) when the passion of Christ is commemorated, as well as his crucifixion and, finally, his death. According to tradition, during these 24 hours, Catholics fast and refrain from eating meat and other desires considered worldly.
Also called Saturday of Glory, Holy Saturday is commemorated the day after Jesus’ death and awaits his resurrection, which is why some refer to Holy Saturday as the Easter Vigil.
The Easter Vigil carried out from the early hours of Saturday to Sunday represents the prelude to the most important celebration of Christianity. The priests wear white or gold as a sign of joy for the resurrection of the Lord.
Thus we arrive at the celebration of resurrection Sunday, also called Easter Sunday or Glory Sunday. It is considered the central feast of Christians and, on this day, the resurrection of Jesus is commemorated three days after being crucified.
What is the origin of Holy Week?
The origins of Holy Week are diverse, but for Christians, they have their bases in the Gospels of Mark, Matthew, John, and Luke, mentioned in the Bible. Each of the apostles recounts his own experience through the passion, death, and resurrection of Christ, three of the most important events for Christianity.
According to Christian tradition (based on sacred texts), this period comprises the specific events that we have mentioned in the previous section. It is worth mentioning that the origin of Holy Week is not understood without talking about the Jewish Passover, since it is in the book of Exodus where we understand that Jesus (the Messiah) is the Passover Lamb, sacrificed to redeem all the sins of the world.
It is also interesting to talk about other historical sources not officialized by the Catholic Church, which assure that Holy Week has its origins in the pagan festivities of the Goddess Astarte, corresponding to the Greek goddess Afrotidta. According to legend, this goddess fell from the sky into the Euphrates River inside an egg, which is why. At the beginning of Holy Week, in many countries of the world, celebrations such as the Easter Rabbit are held; a party that consists of painting and hiding eggs for children and adults to find.
You may also like to read, How to meditate: the most common questions about meditation
How to relax the mind? You worry about work, money, health, partner, children … do you want me to continue the list? Yes, there are tons of things to worry about at any given moment. How many times does it happen to you that in a moment of idleness, the mind should be “free and quiet,” what fills it instead of just worries? You will soon learn some quick techniques to relax your mind and have it calmer.
Worry can be useful if it is aimed at solving problems, but it is of no use when it has the sole function of making you unhappy or interfering with your daily life. The standard psychological methods of how to relax and deal with everyday worry are quite simple. Be careful because they are simple and relatively well known does not mean that you do not need to use them from time to time. So let’s see how to make your mind calm and learn what it means to relax mentally!
1. How to Relax Your Mind: Awareness for a Quiet Mind
This is the step many people skip. Because? Because they think they already know the answer. They probably think they know exactly what makes them anxious.
But sometimes, the situations, physical signs, and emotions that accompany anxiety aren’t as obvious as you might think. So, try to keep some sort of ‘Anxiety Diary,’ real or virtual. Does it indicate when you are feeling anxious and what are the physical signs of anxiety you notice?
This phase alone is sometimes enough to help people stem their anxiety. Never stop repeating it, especially for what concerns habits: “the awareness of me is the first step to change.” To train mindfulness, you can consult these easy mindfulness exercises.
2. One of the ways to relax is good breathing
Suppose you have been following PsychoSocial. For some time, you will have already read articles on how to treat anxiety also means practicing breathing.
You have to take conscious control of your breathing to send a message to the mind. So when you are anxious and find yourself breathing fast, try transforming it into a relaxed, slower, and deeper breathing. You can count slowly as you inhale and exhale and keep a hand on your belly to feel the movement of your breath.
Also, adopting any body position associated with being relaxed (although lying down just before giving a speech in public may not be very comfortable!). Relax the muscles, force an open attitude to the world (extend your arms, hint a smile, wink, or turn your face upwards).
3. Relax your mind and body
Relax your mind and body with calming and relaxing thoughts. On the other hand, there is always someone who tells you, in a stressful moment: “Think of something relaxing, don’t get upset!”. And you would like to answer him: “eh sure, how can I think now of something relaxing, that in a minute I gave a speech in front of the nation?”
The key is to get your calming thoughts ready early. It could be as simple as “Calm down!” But it has to be something you think is much more effective for you. It’s about finding the words or thoughts that you feel are relaxing for you.
Personally, when I’m under stress, I try to visualize myself sitting on a rock, contemplating the lush nature and greenery that surrounds me.
The more you know how to build relaxing details in your mind in detail, the more effective they will be if necessary. Try it, maybe do it before an important question or during an exhibition you particularly care about, you will see that you will need it.
4. How to relax mentally? By increasing activity
So how do you go about relaxing mentally? Strange as it may seem, the answer to anxiety is to do more activity. We tend to think that a state of stress must be controlled at all costs with relaxation, but this is not always true.
When you are not busy, the mind wanders, and it can take the direction of negative thoughts, so finding something to do can be a good alternative to worries.
The problem is that the states of anxiety block the propensity to do distraction activities … Nice paradox, right?
One answer may be to have a list of activities they like to do, ready in advance. When anxiety strikes in a moment of inactivity, it is time to do something to occupy the mind.
Try to have things that are easy to do on your list. For example, you might choose to go for a nice walk.
5. Anxiety, quiet mind, and sleep
Often when you are anxious, you have trouble sleeping. Sometimes when you feel anxious, there is nothing worse than being in bed, in the dark, with your negative thoughts occupying your attention.
Thus a vicious circle is established whereby: you do not sleep because you are agitated by various anxieties and worries and you get more anxiety because you can no longer have a restful sleep! Surely with such a routine, the quiet mind can be forgotten. Breaking this cycle can be difficult, but you need to get back to good sleep habits as soon as possible.
You may also like to read, Ardha dhanurasana, or bow pose for meditation
Postures that involve bending the back must be approached with care. The spine is involved, and a bad movement can generate the aches and pains that we precisely seek to avoid. A good option to start exploring this type of posture is the well-known Cobra Pose or Bhujangasana pose in its original name.
The posture gets its name from being assimilated to the posture that cobras adopt when feeling threatened or irritated. This type of snake is characterized by having the ability to raise its head and deploy a kind of “hood” by way of intimidation.
In this article, we will tell you how to perform this Bhujangasana posture, with all the tips and advice that will help you obtain all its benefits and strengthen your back for more complex asanas.
What is Bhujangasana pose?
Like many other poses, Bhujangasana can seem straightforward. However, several factors must be considered if we seek to carry it out in a way that really brings us all its benefits.
As we mentioned when talking about yoga poses, a very common mistake is trying to tackle an asana by force, seeking at all costs to “go further.” In the seated clamp, this is a forward bend. Bhujangasana presents the opposite flexion of the spine, backward, but the same challenge: be patient. You don’t want to get to the final form overnight. Don’t seek to go further than your body allows. Focus on taking care of the key points of the posture and also on aligning the body correctly, and the rest will come in time.
With the regular and constant practice of the cobra pose, you will achieve more flexibility and strength in your back, which is vital for the performance of many asanas and for taking care of your posture in everyday life.
Also, Bhujangasana promotes the opening of the chest. On a physical level, it helps to alleviate respiratory problems since it generates openings in the lungs and, therefore fuller breathing. When it comes to the mind, taking a moment a day to perform the cobra pose will help relieve symptoms of stress, fatigue, anxiety, and even depression.
Bhujangasana Step by Step
- Lie face down on your mat.
- Stretch your legs. The toes point backward and the adductor muscles seek to rotate inwards, without the heels pointing upwards.
- Place your hands under the shoulders, with your fingers wide open. Plant your palms well. Glue the elbows to the torso.
- With an inhale, begin to extend your arms to lift your chest off the floor.
- Lower your shoulders and seek to firm your shoulder blades on your upper back. Look for an opening in the chest, rising from the sternum, but do not push out from the ribs so as not to put stress on the lower back.
- In the final form of this asana, you can look up, but only if this does not cause any compression in the cervical area. If not, keep your gaze straight ahead.
- Hold the pose for 5-10 breaths.
- To come out of the pose, gently bend your arms with an exhale. It is a good idea to perform Balasana next.
- Strengthens the spine.
- It favors the elongation and opening of the chest, abdomen, and shoulders.
- Helps relieve symptoms of stress and fatigue.
- Stimulates the organs of the digestive system.
- Relieves problems associated with sciatica and asthma
Tips for beginners
In the beginning, it is important not to force the pose in an effort to reach its final form. Just climb as high as possible without creating tension. A good tip to ensure good form in bhujangasana is to perform it in stages: first, inhale, raise your chest and seek the opening of the chest and relaxation of the shoulders, but without helping with the hands. Repeat one more time, still without putting force on your hands, and try to look up. Just on a third inhalation, help yourself with your hands and gradually begin to extend your arms.
Be aware of your shoulders while posing bhujangasana. That the space between them and their ears is not compressed. The elbows should point back. Make sure they do not tend to the sides, as this is a very common mistake. Always keep your hips connected to the floor.
You may also like to read, Does meditation work for everyone?
In the morning, at noon or night? The truth is that, with a life full of activities and worries that we have, it is difficult to find a few minutes to sit down, relax a little and simply breathe, that is, meditate. What is the best time to meditate? The answer is very simple: the best time to meditate is when you have time and your occupations allow you space without interruptions. It is convenient for many people before the sun rises, at 5 or 6 AM, because the usual silence of that hour is added that the activities have not started yet. Other people find the ideal time for their meditation at night, once they have completed their routine tasks.
What is the best time to meditate?
According to experts, the best time to meditate is between 4 AM and 4 PM, since the Earth’s position in this period favors the balance between the pineal and pituitary glands when sitting up straight. Whatever time you decide to do it, the truth is that try to be constant, consistent and practice meditation at the same time every day.
Now, to meditate, you do not need any special equipment or an expert yogi, or an enlightened one. All you need is a few minutes (5, 10, 15 or more, the ones you can have their benefits) in which you can be with yourself without interruptions.
Sit in a comfortable position, either on a chair or the floor, but with your back straight and your chin parallel to the floor. You can place your hands in a prayer posture or simply put them on your knees. Become aware of your breathing and try to make it deep and slow. Close your eyes as far as a slit of light still seeps in and let your thoughts flow without framing any in particular. Remember that meditation is observing your thoughts without judging or acting or focusing.
Meditating in the morning will give you mental clarity to start your day and you will find that your ability to concentrate on performing your tasks improves. Meditating at night will give you an opportunity to relax, unwind, and recap your day before bed.
You should consider something very important: you do not need a special atmosphere with candles, or scents or special music. While these items can help you relax, they can also be distracting, especially in the first few days of your practice. The best thing is that you try different places and times of the day to meditate and find the one that makes you feel better. It will be the ideal time for your meditation.
Meditate first thing in the morning
For many people, meditation is part of the routine to start the day and it is the only time of day that they consider doing it, both because of the special atmosphere in the morning and because of timing.
One of the clearest benefits of meditating as soon as you wake up is that it sets the tone for the day. Meditation in these first hours allows you to eliminate pressure and stress for hours to come, preparing the mind to face the challenges that await.
For those who want to enter into meditation, want to establish the practice as a daily habit or simply find it difficult to find the space to do it, the morning is the best time. And of course, if you want to start the day with a mindset to face it, that is too!
Meditate at noon
Meditation can be a great tool to deal with small daily complications. Taking short breaks to meditate, especially at noon or in the middle of the workday (during the lunch break, for example), helps maintain calm even on the most stressful workdays.
On a physical level, meditation at this time will help you relax your muscles after several hours in front of a screen. In addition, it will increase your ability to concentrate, creativity or have an open mind to the ideas of colleagues and the tasks of the day.
Meditation at the end of work or in the afternoon
When you get home, meditating when the workday is over or in the evening is a favorite moment for many. The first reason is that it acts as a barrier between work and personal life, helping to leave the pressure of the office behind.
Meditation in the afternoon breaks the anxiety that has been generated during the day and allows you to enjoy the remaining hours with renewed motivation and energy.
This time is perfect for people who are very overwhelmed at work and who, in addition, begin to worry about the next day’s work in advance. If you need a reset to fully enjoy your personal life, try meditating when you get home from work.
Meditate before sleeping
This may come as a surprise, but bedtime is exactly the worst time of day to meditate. The reason? That meditation is the opposite of sleeping. Relaxing to get to sleep is the opposite of doing it to awaken consciousness and live more aware of what surrounds us.
For these reasons, at least one hour from going to bed, meditation should be separated by at least one hour, as it can generate confusion in our mind and conflict with sleep. Also, on a practical level, if we stop meditating for the last hour of the day, it is easier for us to skip it.
And you, have you already established your favorite time of day for meditation? Do you know when to meditate? If not yet, my advice is to try different times to see when it is most beneficial for you. In the same way, depending on the objective or the needs you are looking for, you can introduce meditations throughout the day.
In our modern world, surrounded by technology and with such a fast-paced lifestyle, we are constantly bombarded by external stimuli. This is as true for adults as it is for children. They are drawn into the maelstrom of tight schedules, and phones, tablets, and others always in their hands. Absorbed in this digital world, inner peace and spiritual connection are slipping from our hands. Meditation for children can be a great tool to help youngsters to meet again, build trust and esteem, and overcome their fears.
If we had to quickly answer this question, the first answer we can give is yes. All people can initiate themselves in the practice of meditation. There are no physical or biological impediments that prevent our predisposition to start. However, there are many factors that we recommend taking into account and that we invite you to know in this article.
Balasana, the Child’s posture, is one of the most elementary rest or relaxation asanas, it is one of the first postures that most instructors teach and you will probably find it in your classes.
Due to its simplicity and the physical benefits it brings, it is very common for it to be practiced in classes of activities other than yoga, such as dance, stretching, and even conscious gymnastics classes.
It is an extremely common asana, which can be done before or after any other posture. It is usually incorporated as a break between the more advanced series.
Balasana can be a welcome break for someone new to yoga, a relatively easy pose to adopt. For an advanced practitioner, it becomes possible to explore and deepen more and more, experiencing it with more awareness of the body, the breath and the very essence of the posture.
In many cases, this posture awakens a kind of physical and psychological memory of our childhood. That sense of peace and security is great for calming the mind, relaxing the body, and deepening breathing. In the long term, it will help create a general sense of calm and well-being, both on and off the mat.
Balsana and breathing
The Child’s posture causes the body to adopt a position in which the front of the rib cage is somewhat compressed. This creates a resistance to shallow and frontal breathing that most people have adopted as their daily breathing.
For many, practicing Balasana for the first time is being confronted with the need to breathe in a new and alien way. The pressure exerted in the front naturally causes a deeper breath to be sought, which helps to avoid the uncomfortable sensation generated by the distention of the abdomen in this position. Slowly, the air is drawn to areas other than the upper part of the lungs, exploring its full capacity.
Balasana Step by Step
- Kneel on the ground. Bring your big toes together and sit on your heels.
- Spread your knees hip-width apart.
- With an exhale, slowly bring your torso down so that it is between your thighs.
- Bring your forehead to the floor and place your arms at the sides of your body, palms up, and relax your shoulders so that they tend towards the ground. Feel the weight and gravity pull your upper back open.
- Because it is a resting pose, you can hold it from 30 seconds to a couple of minutes.
- To go up, stretch your torso forward and, with an inhale, return to the original position, feeling the tailbone press down.
Benefits of this pose
It is a gentle way to stretch and open the hips, thighs, and ankles.
Provides relief for people who are fatigued or under a lot of stress.
Increases blood circulation to the head.
Helps relax and calm both mind and body.
It is an excellent posture for practicing mindful breathing.
Tips for beginners
As we already said, the Child’s posture is a resting position, so it should be comfortable for him. The flexibility and anatomy of your body can make one variation or the other more comfortable, so feel free to experiment until you find the modification that works for you.
It is not recommended to perform this asana if you have knee or ankle injuries. Balasana can put a lot of pressure on the ankles and requires a great bend in the knees, so it is advisable to replace it with another resting asana.
If you have neck problems and your forehead does not rest comfortably on the floor, prop it up on your forearms or pillows or blocks.
If your buttocks do not come to rest your heels, it is advisable to place a pillow between them and your heels to rest in this pose.
If the posture is uncomfortable around the ankles or instep, you can roll up a blanket or towel and place it under your feet.
If your head or hips are not resting where they should be due to lack of flexibility, you can use a pillow to make the posture more comfortable. Balasana is excellent for progressively working flexibility. Over time, you will no longer need this modification.
Some people may experience the sensation of leaning forward, carrying too much weight towards the head. To fix this, you can extend your arms forward instead of holding them to your sides. This modification also makes the posture a bit more active and deepens the elongation of the back.
In general, many of the discomforts experienced in Balasana can be solved by widening the separation of the knees. This modification is ideal for pregnant women or people with a more prominent abdomen and those who experience a feeling of suffocation or claustrophobia with the knees more closed.
Bakasana or raven pose is one of the asanas preferred by us. It is a pose that requires moderate arm strength in its initial stage, and as it progresses, the arm strength will intensify. Many beginning yoga students fear that the crow pose is “too much for them”, this is usually a product of the fear that this pose generates in beginning students.
It is important to start trying bakasana little by little, with slow and measured movements, knowing the limits of each one. One can also take precautions so that fear is not so limiting, which we will see below.
Without a doubt, the practice of bakasana within a yoga routine is a beautiful experience. It allows a joint work of arms, abs and back, strengthening the entire upper trunk, and is also the gateway to other asanas of jumping jacks and more advanced arms.
Bakasana meditation pose step by step
- Start in Malasana, with your feet apart and your knees wider than your hips.
- Place your hands on the floor, palms flat, fingers extended, and facing forward. Like I’m in the downward facing dog.
- Press your hands firmly against the floor.
- Keeping your elbows bent, lift your hips.
- Place your knees at the back of your arms, as high and as close to your armpits as possible. Alternative: squeeze the outer arms with the knees.
- Hug your knees, exhale, and round your upper back/waist, using abdominal strength.
- Pressing in and up, bring the weight forward so that the elbows end almost on the wrist, which will be bent at 90 degrees.
- Inhale and raise one of your feet. If possible, bring the other one to meet you. And if you can a little more, put heels together with thumbs.
- Maintain the position for 5/12 breaths, always pressing the floor with your hands and feeling the abdominal force.
- Exhale and return to squatting position.
Throughout the performance of Bakasana, it is important to respect the rhythms and times of each one, not to rush a movement and to stop when the personal limit is reached. It is a difficult pose, but with time, it is possible and very rewarding.
- Increases strength in arms, wrists and shoulders
- Strengthens inner thighs, abdominals and sacrum
- Stretches the upper back
- Open the groin
Over time and when you can perform this asana in a complete and sustained way, you will see how it is one of the postures that help you feel strong and gain confidence in using arms for any other yoga posture.
Over time, you can lift your heels even higher to rest on your buttocks. Try stretching your arms (until they are straight) and bringing your knees higher. The raven pose is a gateway to other asanas that use the arms and arm hops.
Tips for beginners
It is normal for a beginner yoga student or someone who has never tried the crow pose, to be afraid of falling forward with their face to the ground. We recommend resting a cushion on the floor, facing your face. Likely, you will not use it, but it will give you additional security to perform bakasana.
You can initially perform the crow pose by taking only one foot off the ground. It is necessary to gain strength in arms, wrists and upper body. We recommend the practice of chaturanga.
Before starting this asana, make sure your wrists are properly aligned. Once started, it will be difficult for you to correct your position. It may happen initially, and until you get used to bakasana, you feel a little pain in your arms, right where you rest your knees. This pain should lessen as you perfect this pose. If it does not decrease, check with your instructor.
According to their particularities, Yoga asanas offer a chain of benefits for the body, mind, and spirit. Such is the case with Ardha dhanurasana or incomplete bow pose, a variant of Dhanurasana or full bow pose, one of the 12 basic asanas of Hatha Yoga. In this pose, the torso, legs, and arms represent the archer’s bow, which is why it is considered one of the most challenging yogic asanas.
While not one of the more traditional asanas, Ananda Balasana is very popular in contemporary yoga series. His name alone evokes a very specific image: ananda means “happiness”, while bala means “child.” Therefore, Ananda Balasana means Happy Baby Pose, and this is how it is usually called. It is fondly said to be a yoga posture that we master perfectly as babies.
The popularity of yoga has grown exponentially in the last decade. It is proper to say that yoga has contributed to the happiness of the people who practice it, whatever the style. Today, we want to talk to you very especially about one of the most recognized asanas or yoga positions. The pose “downward facing dog,” or as its name in Sanskrit indicates, adho mukha svanasana.
The meaning of the Sanskrit word adho means “downwards,” Mukha means “head,” and svana means “dog.” It is an integral pose for any yoga practice. It is about making a replica of the forward-leaning of a dog, hence the name of the “downward facing dog” pose. As part of the traditional sun salutation sequence, this asana or pose can be done independently or even as a resting pose. For both experienced yogis and yoga beginners, they can find different ways to perform this popular yoga pose, downward-facing dog.
Step by step instructions for Adho Mukha
We can understand those who feel an aversion to the inverted V and consider this pose a kind of punishment or torture, especially when it comes to practicing it at rest. However, many of these reasons lies in the incorrect performance of the posture. Below we will mention step by step how you should practice the adho mukha posture and take full advantage of its energy.
Get on the floor on your hands and knees
Tuck your knees slightly below your hips and place your hands forward of your shoulders. Open the palms of your hands; the index fingers should be slightly parallel. Emphasize pressing against the canvas, index finger and thumb.
Fix your toes on the floor
Exhale and lift your knees off the floor. In the first attempt, you should keep your knees slightly bent and your heels lifted off the floor. Lengthen the coccyx at the back of the pelvis and press lightly towards the pubis. Against this resistance, lift the glute completely towards the ceiling, and from the inner ankles, try to level the balls of the feet towards the groin.
Then, on an exhale, push up on your upper thighs and fully stretch your heels until trying to touch the ground. Look back and if you can see your heels, turn slightly outward, as far as you cannot see them anymore.
Straighten your knees, but make sure not to block them. Firms the outer thighs and rotates them slightly inward.
Limits the front of the pelvis
Firm the outer arms and actively press the bases of the index fingers into the ground. As you press down through your wrists, you will feel the energy rush up to activate your arms and cause you to slightly rotate your forearms inward toward each other.
Firm your shoulder blades against your back, then widen and draw them toward your tailbone to stabilize your posture.
Keep your head firmly between your arms without letting it hang. The neck is part of the spine, so it must follow the same natural line. Ideally, you should try to hold the Adho Mukha Svanasana position for at least 1 to 3 minutes. Then, to rest, bend your knees to the floor with an exhale and assume the child’s pose.
Benefits of the Downward Facing Dog Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
- This pose overflows with energy and rejuvenates you
- Contributes to the stretching of the spine
- Strengthens the muscles that are responsible for increasing lung capacity
- It promotes the development of strength throughout the body, especially in the arms, shoulders, legs and feet.
- Helps tone muscles
- Increases circulation to the brain
- Calms the mind and helps relieve headaches
- Improves insomnia problems
- Eliminate tiredness and fatigue
- Calm anxiety and control depression
In addition to learning to obtain a perfect alignment of your body through the downward facing dog posture. This is extremely important for your anatomy. It is also very likely that you will end up loving this pose once you reach its perfection and begin to perceive all its benefits. Go ahead and practice this powerful yoga pose correctly and make it part of your daily exercise routine.